Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
- 2 1⁄2 lbs fresh shrimp
- 6 tablespoons light rum, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon or 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Peel shrimp, keeping tails intact.
- Place in bowl with 4 tablespoons of the rum, lemon juice, oil, garlic, red pepper flakes and salt; toss to coat thoroughly.
- Cover; marinate in refrigerator 30 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat grill according to manufacturer's instructions.
- In small bowl, combine brown sugar, vinegar and remaining 2 tablespoons rum.
- Thread shrimp on skewers; lightly brush with brown sugar glaze.
- Grill over a medium-hot fire, about 3 minutes per side, brushing with additional glaze, until shrimp are opaque.
- Note: If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before grilling.
Very good. Only had enough glaze to baste it only one time. will double the glaze recipe next time