Recipe by DailyInspiration
From Cooking Light Magazine. A great taste of the Caribbean. Serve with hot cooked rice tossed with toasted coconut.
- 3⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime rind, grated
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 30 cubes)
- 2 mangoes, peeled and cut in to 1 inch cubes (18 total)
- 18 cubes fresh pineapple (1 inch cubes)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare grill. Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes. Combine vinegar and cornstarch in a small bowl. Add cornstarch mixture to pan, bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in cilantro and rind.
- Thread 5 chicken cubes, 3 mango cubes and 3 pineapple cubes alternately onto each of 6 (12-inch) skewers. Brush kebabs with oil, sprinkle with salt. Place kebabs on grill rack coated with cooking spray, cook for 4 minutes. Turn kebabs, brush with half of glaze. Cook 4 minutes. Turn kebabs, brush with remaining glaze. Cook 2 minutes, turning once.