Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Acorn squash cups, baked and glazed with rum, brown sugar and butter.
- 2 medium acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 4 tablespoons dark rum or 4 tablespoons spiced rum
- 4 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Use a fork to prick the inside and top edge of each half, place in a baking and add 1 inch of water to the dish.
- Put 1 tbls rum, brown sugar, and butter in each half, season with salt and pepper.
- Bake 30 minutes then baste with the the top and sides of the squash cups with the rum mixture.
- Bake another 15 minutes and baste again.
- Bake another 15 minutes, remove from the oven, baste again and serve.
This was pretty tasty. I hadn't eaten squash in 30 years (awful childhood memories!) and had never cooked it, so I was eager to see how it would turn out. The flavor was very good and the texture was decent. I passed this recipe on to my mom.
This was easy to make and a wonderful taste. The only adjustment I would make would be to cut back a little on the rum next time.
Very nice side dish for Thanksgiving. They made a lovely presentation on the table as well.