Recipe by Countrywife
I clipped this from the newspaper many, many years ago. I thought I'd better do something before the paper crumbles away to nothing.
Top Review by Virjean Svoboda
Country-Wife, thank you for sharing this delicious custard recipe which is so quick and easy to prepare. I, too, found it to be very runny after baking it at 325 degrees for 30 minutes. It was perfect after I turned the temperature up to 350 and baked it for another 20 minutes. Next time I plan to bake it at 350 for about 30 minutes.
- 3 eggs, beaten lightly
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- grated nutmeg, to sprinkle on top
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine everything except nutmeg.
- Pour into 4 individual custard cups.
- Top with a sprinkle of nutmeg.
- Set in a pan with 1 inch of water.
- Bake at 325F for 30 minutes until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Do not over bake.
- Serve warm or cold with little crispy cookies.