I served this at a small dinner party and everyone loved it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons orange blossom honey
- 3 tablespoons dark rum or 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lime peel
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 cups mixed berries, such as blueberries,red raspberries,golden raspberries,black raspberries,and sliced strawberries
- 6 large snickerdoodles or 6 large sugar cookies
- whipped dairy dessert topping
- toasted coconut (optional)
- 1In a medium serving bowl stir together honey, rum or orange juice, lime peel, and lime juice.
- 2Add berries; stir gently to mix.
- 3Let stand at room temperature at least 15 minutes, or refrigerate up to 1 hour.
- 4On large serving tray, arrange cookies next to bowl of berries.
- 5Place whipped topping in bowl of ice.
- 6Place toasted coconut in another bowl.
- 7To serve, have each person assemble his or her own shortcakes on dessert plates by spooning berries over cookies, then adding whipped topping or coconut.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rum-Berry Shortcake
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.2
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: