Recipe by **Jubes**
A flavour packed salad with a refreshing zesty sweet lime dressing. Roasted sweet potatoes, baby spinach leaves, sun-dried tomatoes, feta cheese and crispy apple. Can be served as a light lunch with some crusty bread, as a side salad or as a meal with grilled or pan-fried chicken or seafood. Slice the apples and add the dressing close to serving time.UPDATE: I've left this recipe as it was entered to RSC#11. Feel free to vary the quantities of ingredients. AS we do not have key limes available in Australia-I used regular limes- perhaps key limes are tarter. I had fun making this recipe and being part of RSC.
Top Review by Vino p.o. prn
Made just the dressing over a simple salad of romaine lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes....a nice change from our regular oil and vinegar dressing. Great when making a mexican dish for dinner! Thanks!
Roasted Sweet Potato
- 14 ounces gold sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into rough 1/2 inch dice (kumera, 400 grams)
- 1 pinch smoked paprika
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 key limes, zested finely and juiced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
Remaining Salad Ingredients
- 5 ounces baby spinach leaves (150g)
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato (can add more or less to your preference)
- 1 shallot, peeled and finely sliced
- 6 ounces feta cheese, roughly crumbled or. cut into small cubes (180 grams)
- 2 apples, peel and remove core-slice finely
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C
- Peel and dice the sweet potato and place on an oven tray or cookie sheet. Pour over the teaspoons of olive oil and season with salt and sprinkle with the smoked paprika. Toss to coat all of the sweet potato in the oil. Spread the sweet potato to a single layer and roast in the oven for approx 20-25 minutes, turning the sweet potato after 10 minutes. Continue to cook (if required) until cooked thru. Remove from oven and cool.
- While the sweet potato is cooking- mix all of the dressing ingredients together and mix thoroughly. Add both the lime zest and juice. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Mix the remaining salad ingredients in a bowl (except the sliced apple).
- When ready to serve, peel and finely slice the apple. Toss the apple into the salad and add the salad dressing and sweet potato cubes. Toss together lightly.
- Serve and Enjoy.