Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep6 hrs 15 mins
Cook1 hr 30 mins
This is an easy recipe and a great way to prepare a roast without heating up my house on a hot Phoenix summer day. The marinade recipe is from a book called "The Passion of the Barbeque." I've made this for just my family, and have also made it for a large crowd (40 plus people) by adding more roasts to the spit. Preparation time includes marinating.
- Prepare marinade by combining all ingredients except roast in a covered container or ziplock bag.
- Trim fat from meat and add to marinade.
- Marinate in refrigerator for at least 6 hours.
- Remove meat from marinade and place on spit over indirect heat.
- Close grill cover and roast at about 325°F for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until desired doneness.