1/2 Photos of Rotisserie Chicken
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
The onion and lemon don't just flavor but helps stabilze the chicken on the rotisserie. Check out the demo http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=223418
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your grill and prepare you rotisserie.
- 2Dry chickens thoroughly with paper towels. Sprinkle the inside and out of the chicken with the salt and pepper.
- 3Stuff the chickens with onion and lemon.
- 4Place herbs and garlic under the skin.
- 5Rub with dry rub of choice. Truss the chicken by securing the breast and wings tightly with string.
- 6Place securely on rotisserie skewer.
- 7Place a drip pan under the where the chicken will be and fill it with 1/2 inch of water, beer or juice. Place skewer on rotisserie mounting on a preheated grill. Cover and grill for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until done. Be sure it is on tightly and turning smoothly.
- 8Cook until the center of one breast reached 165 degrees. Juices will run clear and the internal temperature. Rest for 20 minutes before carving.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rotisserie Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.8
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 162.2 mg
- Sodium 131.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 32.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemon verbena leaves
dry rub seasonings