Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I don't know where this came from; it's similar to others listed, but the addition of the Rotel really gives it a spicy flavor. If you don't like as much heat, use the milder Rotel and/or substitute one of the cans of Rotel with petite diced tomatoes. Very inexpensive, easy and quick to make! I serve with garlic toast.
- 1 lb hamburger or 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (10 ounce) cansrotel brand diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 (8 ounce) box elbow macaroni
- salt and pepper
- Brown hamburger/turkey in large skillet.
- While hamburger is browning, cook macaroni per package directions, usually 5-7 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, Rotel (and tomatoes, if you are using those) to hamburger.
- Drain macaroni and add to hamburger.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes.
- You may have to add a little water while cooking, depending on how "saucy" you like it.
- Serve with a salad and garlic toast.
I am so very pleased with this recipe. I used a can of the original Rotel and a can of Rotel Chile Fixings. It is a bit spicy. I will eat it. But if you have people that can not eat the spicy add a bit of cubed chedder cheese. I love it. That was the only change I made. Thank You for a wonderful recipe. Hugs
I've been making a variation of this for quite some time. Pretty much the same except I only use 1 can of tomato sauce and 1 can of Rotel along with 1 can of regular diced tomatoes. This time I used mini bow-tie pasta. I like to put a slice of american cheese in the bowl and top it with the goulash. Quick and easy. And very good.
WOW - who knew something this simple could taste SO GOOD !! Had this for dinner last night, and we loved it. I used ground buffalo, and added 1 tsp each of dried oregano and worchestershire ~ DELICIOUS! Thanks Troop Angel ~ made for your Week#6 Football Pool win, October 2009!