Recipe by grandma cooks
This spread was used over 50 years ago in my school cafeteria to make "Ham Salad" sandwiches. The students never knew that the main ingredient was bologna.
- 1 lb bologna, bologna
- 8 ounces rotel, drained
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces pimientos
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salad dressing mix, Hidden Valley Ranch mix
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pickle, chopped
- 1 teaspoon honey dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, grated cheddar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix rotel, mayo,pimentos,salt,pepper,sugar, ranch dressing,cheese and mustard in blender.
- Add pickle and small chucks of the bologna to the blend.
- Mix until the bologna is thoroughly broken down.
- I used my cusinart blender -grinder to break the mixture down to a fine spread.