Recipe by Chef Shadows
Another grand meatball recipe, with an unusual sauce that will make you ask why didn't I think of that.
Top Review by A la Carte
This is a great recipe Chef Shadows! It is a lovely alternative to plain red sauce. I served it over egg noodles with a dollop of fat free sour cream and it was delicious! Kind of similar to Swedish Meatballs I thought. I love cranberries with a port sauce for beef tenderloin, so I knew I would love this one. And I did, thank you!
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb ground round
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄2 small minced onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- to taste salt and pepper
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 16 ounces whole berry cranberry sauce
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first five ingredients well.
- Shape into bite-sized meatballs.
- Bake in conventional oven at 350 degrees for approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Be sure not to overcook.
- Combine whole berry cranberry sauce and tomato sauce.
- Simmer on stovetop for approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Pour over meatballs and serve.