Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Recipe is from the Apple Barn Cookbook very easy, very tasty, and looks REALLY impressive considering how easy it is. tart baking apples may be preferable. I used regular apples and it turned out very good, but VERY sweet.
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 6 cups apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in small mixing bowl and beat until smooth; spread in bottom of greased springform pan.
- Pile apples on crust and shake pan to settle slices.
- Combine gelatin with 2 tablspoons sugar and sprinkle over apples.
- Combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly.
- sprinkle flour topping over the apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Chill throughly.