Recipe by *Asha*
Strawberries take place of peaches in this version of the classic Italian drink.This recipe is adapted from Cooking Light.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 cups hulled strawberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 (750 ml) bottle sparkling wine, such as prosecco or 1 (750 ml) bottleother sparkling wine, chilled
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves. Bring mixture to a boil over medium high heat. Remove from heat.
- Place sugar mixture, strawberries, and lemon juice in a blender, process until smooth. Strain pureed mixture through a sieve into a bowl, reserving liquid. Discard solids.
- Place 3 tablespoons strawberry mixture into each of 8 champagne flutes. Pour 1/3 cup wine into each flute.