Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is from the 'Highland Fling' cookbook. My grandmother ordered 4 cookbooks from Scotland for herself, my mother & my aunts. It makes a delicious, fluffy scone & we've had tons of requests for the recipe over the years. I have given the exact steps as written, but added our modifications. This makes a sweet scone--perfect for double Devonshire cream & some jam.
- Sift together the dry ingredients.
- Cut in the butter with a fork or pastry blender till it resembles fine crumbs.
- Make a well in the centre& pour in all the milk.
- Mix well& turn onto a floured board& knead a little, but not too much.
- Divide the dough in two.
- Roll each round to almost 3/4 of an inch.
- Cut the round in four pie-shaped wedges.
- (I usually just use a round glass to cut them out) Transfer to a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 F for 15-20 minutes; or until done.
- (My mom adds a touch more milk,& makes a drop biscuit instead.).