Recipe by LAURIE
I like to experiment with my table top grill on panini like sandwiches. This one is easy and tasted awesome! From a TV show special on warm comfort food type meals. Feel free to use what ever method you have available if you dont own a panini press. These are just as good done as a traditionally made grilled cheese in a skillet or griddle but if using this method it helps to weigh the sandwich down with something heavy such as an iron skillet or a brick covered in heavy duty foil.
Top Review by Belinda in Austin, TX
I got on a panini kick, last winter, when Austin actually got iced in for 3 days! I didn't use chicken breasts, but deli sliced turkey. I'm always looking for ways to use my fresh rosemary, which I've managed to grow (too successfully!), and I really enjoyed this sandwich! Thanks! Since then, I've made this panini several more times (that overgrown rosemary!), and it's always great. I don't always have tomato, and it's still good. I don't always have gouda, so I've subbed havarti and muenster, and it's still good. I always cook it in my George Foreman, and it's great, for that! I just love this panini!
- 2 slices crusty artisan bread, sliced about 1/2 inch thick
- 1⁄2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces smoked gouda cheese, sliced
- 4 ounces smoked chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 tomatoes, sliced thin into 2-3 slices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your panini press to high or use a foreman type grill or do on stovetop in skillet.
- Lightly brush one side of bread slices with EVOO.
- Place oiled side down on a work surface and place equal amounts of cheese on each slice.
- Arrange chicken slices on one slice and tomato slices on the other.
- Sprinkle chicken with rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Put two slices together.
- Place panini in your press and press lightly for about 30 seconds.
- Continue to bake for 3 minutes until bread is grilled and crispy and cheese is melted.
- Remove from grill, slice and serve hot.