Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Because of the low fat content in these, you must USE ONLY CAKE FLOUR or these will be tough! Adapted from a Beatrice Ojajangas recipe.
- 2 1⁄2 cups cake flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups nonfat plain yogurt, stirred
- 1⁄2 cup asiago cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees F.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a large bowl.
- Stir in the rosemary.
- Add the oil and stir until blended. Gently stir in the yogurt and 1/4 cup of the cheese, just until blended, about 20 strokes.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the muffin tin and serve immediately.
Yum, what a delightful savoury muffin! It has a great taste with the rosemary and cheese going great together and the texture is also quite nice for a low-fat muffin. Who would have thought that healthy could be this yummy? ;)
I used this recipe to make cake flour and it worked out nicely: Recipe #424532.
I used paper cups and the muffins stuck badly to those, which was my only problem with your recipe, so next time Im just going to grease my tins (I dont have access to cooking spray here).
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this winner with us, Mikekey!
Made and reviewed for I Recommend Tag and the June is baked goods month event in the photo forum June 2011.
Wonderfully savory muffins! Reminds me of the kind of muffin you%u2019d get at a high end restaurant to round out an exquisite meal filled with delightful culinary surprises! Thanks, Mikekey. Made for Zaar Stars tag game.
Loved these muffins! I didnt have fresh rosemary so I chopped up some dried and used an Italian Blend shredded cheese that had asiago in it. The warm muffin with melted cheese and a pat of butter was fantastic! I will make these again and make sure I have the fresh rosemary and asiago cheese. Thank you for sharing Mike! Made and reviewed for KK's Recipe Tag Game.