Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 40 mins
If you've never tried something rose flavored before, do give this a taste. Make sure you use roses that have been grown without pesticides. I always used ones that I grew at home because I knew how they had been treated. Cooking time includes refrigeration.
- 4 egg yolks
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rose water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons orange-flavored liqueur
- 2 roses, petals of
- Place the egg yolks and the sugar in a bowl and whisk together.
- In a saucepan, combine the cream with the vanilla extract and place over medium heat.
- Remove as soon as tiny bubbles start to form around the edge of the pan. Preheat the oven to 250°F
- Pour half of the cream into the egg mixture; mix well.
- Pour back into the saucepan and cook, stirring frequently.
- When the mixture reaches a creamy consistency, remove form the heat and pour into a bowl.
- Add the rose water and the orange-flavored liqueur. Mix well.
- Pour into 4 custard cups and place them into a large roasting pan, half filled with hot water.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until ready.
- Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Garnish with the petals and serve.