Recipe by AmandaInOz
From the SMEG cookbook.
Top Review by twissis
As the heart & soul of this recipe is the filling, I thot you would not mind if I made it in pre-baked mini-tartlet shells to accompany a starter soup + the salad course of a dinner party Sat nite. They were so easy to make & yummy, fit well into a blue cheese theme goin on in 2 other recipes, were very well-received, & provided finger-food & texture to the group. They are best if served the same dy as made as they lose crispness by the 2nd dy, but a pre-baked pastry crust might correct this & I will try that next time. Thx for sharing this tasty recipe w/us. :-)
- 1 (10 inch) pastry crust, pre-baked
Roquefort Cream Filling
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 3 ounces Roquefort cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups cream
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chives, finely chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 265°F.
- In a bowl, blend cream cheese, Roquefort and softened butter until smooth.
- Add well beaten eggs, cream and melted butter. Blend thoroughly. Stir in finely chopped herbs.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- FIll the pastry case evenly with cheese mixture. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until filling is puffed and a light golden colour.
- Serve hot, lukewarm or cold, cut in wedges.