Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Homemade in the kitchen.
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons corn syrup
- 1⁄3 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon root beer concentrate
- Grease 8 metal lollipop molds.
- Combine corn syrup water and sugar in small sauce pan over low heat, stirring just till the sugar dissolves.
- Once the mixture comes to a boil, reduce back to low heat.
- Continue to cook until it reaches 300°F on candy thermometer (it will take 15 minutes total).
- If crystals form around edge of pan, brush them back with moistened pastry brush.
- Remove from heat add root beer.
- Fill each mold with 1 tablespoon mixture.
- Insert a stick into center inserting it 1/4 inch and smoothing over; let cool and then unmold.