Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This lick the bowl clean came from the Pecan Growers of America. As much as I adore creamy blue cheese dressing,this quick vinegar concoction is a tangy challenger.
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 lb blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- In sald bowl,combine oil,vinegar,salt and pepper.
- Whish until well blended.
- Add half the blue cheese,mash into dressing.
- Add 1/4 cup pecans.
- Add romaine. Toss well to coat.
- Top with remaining blue cheese and nuts.
We liked this very much. It is quite tangy but very good. Thanks for the recipe.
We thought this salad was missing something. It seemed to need something more than olive oil and vinegar. We wouldn't make this again.
Excellent dressing--I used it on baby spinach instead of romaine. Also added some craisins. Thanks for sharing.