Recipe by Chef Cotton
This recipe is on the seed packet for Roly Poly Zucchini. My zucchini are the size of golf balls so I haven't tried this yet. The on-line Burpee catalog has a scrumptious picture.
- 4 medium roly poly squash (apple)
- 1 cup corn kernel
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 scallions, chopped fine
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place squash in boiling water for 5-10 mins, till a sharp knife pierces to center easily.
- Remove from pot and plunge in ice water to cool.
- Cut off top and scoop out centers with a melon baller, being careful to leave a sturdy shell.
- Chop scooped out squash and reserve.
- Saute onion in oil till transparent.
- Add chopped squash and cook till liquid is cooked off.
- Cool filling.
- Blend filling with ricotta, corn, scallions and half of parmesan.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Mound filling in squash shells and top with grated cheese.
- Bake on cookie sheet in 350 oven for 35-45 mins, till heated through.