Recipe by ReadyForThe80's
I got this recipe off a bag of store-brand Old Fashion Rolled Oats and made these once and thought they were so delicious I thought I should share the recipe!
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 360°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine rolled oats, flour, baking soda, and baking powder and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and the two sugars until fluffy. Beat in egg until blended and add vanilla and coconut and mix well.
- Add to dry ingredients just until blended.
- Shape into 5cm (2") balls.
- Arrange on ungreased cookie sheet and space about 5cm apart and flatten with floured fork tines.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.