Recipe by crazycookinmama
The 18th Annual Bake-Off Cookbook by Pillsbury Publications in 1967. I found these cookies to be very interesting, and quite a different taste that I enjoyed very much.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package Red Star active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1 cup butter
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour or 2 1⁄4 cups self-rising flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Soften yeast in water. Cream butter in large mixer bowl at high speed of mixer.
- At low speed gradually blend in flour, yeast and vanilla extract.
- Shape dough into balls, using a rounded teaspoonful for each. Roll in sugar.
- Place on greased cookie sheets.
- For light, more tender cookies, let rise in warm place for 15 minutes before baking.
- Bake at 375° for 20 to 25 minutes.
- If desired, 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans may be added to sugar.