Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
One of my grandmother's favorites, her recipe.
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) packageregular mini marshmallows
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- Combine chocolate and buttr in top of a double boiler; bring water to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cook until chocolate melts. Cool to lukewarm.
- Stir in marshmallows and pecans.
- Shape into 2 rolls 2 inches in diameter. Chill. Slice into 1/2 inch slices.
Great recipe. I changed it a little. I used roasted (350 degrees for 20 minutes) chopped almonds. I also meted the chocolate in the microwave with 1 T vegetable oil (left out the 1/2 cup butter) for 2 minutes on high, stired and then cooked about one minute longer until chocolate was smooth. Instead of shaping into rolls, I pressed mixture into a cookie sheet filled with foil. After chlling I cut into pieces. Thanks for sharing.
Simple and delicious. Somehow this is so much better than marshmallows and chocolate. Thanks for the recipe!