Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Chewy bars loaded with the classic Rocky Road trio of marshmallows, chocolate, and nuts. Taken from a newsletter from CHOW.com. These look decadent!
- 1 1⁄4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (about 7 1/2 ounces)
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups packed mini marshmallows
- 1 1⁄2 cups roasted salted almonds (coarsely chopped)
- Heat the oven to 350°F; coat a 13-by-9-inch baking dish with butter; set aside.
- Combine 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips and all the butter in a small saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Whisk sugar, eggs, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl until eggs are broken up and smooth.
- Add chocolate mixture and stir to combine; add flour and baking powder and stir until just incorporated.
- Add 3/4 cup of the marshmallows and 3/4 cup of the almonds and stir to combine.
- Transfer batter to the prepared dish and spread evenly.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean, about 25 to 30 minutes; remove from the oven.
- Move the rack to the top of the oven.
- Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips, marshmallows, and nuts over the surface of the batter.
- Return to the oven and continue baking until marshmallows are puffed and golden brown, about 10 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack before cutting.
These were great! The toasted marshmallows on top make it seem like a delectable S'mores Brownie. Yum. Thanks for sharing your recipe, alligirl.
Oh, alli, these are divine!! They're simple to make, and a real showstopper with the whole almonds, chocolate chips, and toasted marshmallows on top! Next time, I might melt and drizzle the chocolate chips for the top.. maybe. These are super easy, too! Made for PRMR Tag.
This was really good. I had to cut up large marshmallows because I didn't have any smalll ones but that worked. I also melted the butter and chocolate in the microwave. Although we liked it with almonds, I'd like to try it with peanuts too.