1/2 Photos of Rocky Road Bars
1 hr 20 mins
Chewy bars loaded with the classic Rocky Road trio of marshmallows, chocolate, and nuts. Taken from a newsletter from CHOW.com. These look decadent!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (about 7 1/2 ounces)
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups packed mini marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups roasted salted almonds (coarsely chopped)
- 1Heat the oven to 350°F; coat a 13-by-9-inch baking dish with butter; set aside.
- 2Combine 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips and all the butter in a small saucepan.
- 3Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- 4Whisk sugar, eggs, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl until eggs are broken up and smooth.
- 5Add chocolate mixture and stir to combine; add flour and baking powder and stir until just incorporated.
- 6Add 3/4 cup of the marshmallows and 3/4 cup of the almonds and stir to combine.
- 7Transfer batter to the prepared dish and spread evenly.
- 8Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean, about 25 to 30 minutes; remove from the oven.
- 9Move the rack to the top of the oven.
- 10Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips, marshmallows, and nuts over the surface of the batter.
- 11Return to the oven and continue baking until marshmallows are puffed and golden brown, about 10 minutes more.
- 12Remove from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack before cutting.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rocky Road Bars
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.8
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 51.3 mg
- Sodium 174.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 26.8 g
- Protein 4.8 g