Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a sandwich I made for my father (the man that hates everything that isn't just plain old meat and bread sandwiches) and he loved it!! I was so happy that I had to share this recipe with everyone, so I did! Thank you for trying it. ENJOY!
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 -6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 6 slices honey ham deli meat
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 slices thin red onions
- In a small bowl mix together the butter, garlic powder, and parsley; set aside.
- Layer on bottom slices of bread, in this order, 1 slice mozzarella cheese, 3 slices ham, 1 slice onion, 1 slice cheddar cheese, and top with last slice of bread.
- Spread a bit of the butter mixture on both sides of the sandwiches and place them on a cookie sheet.
- Turn your broiler to low and place sandwiches in the over.
- Broil until browned to your liking and then flip them to brown the other side.
- Serve hot from the oven with french fries, tomato soup, potato chips, or anything you like with sandwiches.
Yummy! I made this for DH & I on a snowy afternoon. I had this with tomato soup. Comfort food at its best!! I left out the mozzarella cheese and only used cheddar. I also left out the red onions as I am not a fan. My favorite part of this was the garlic/parsley butter. This really makes it stand out!!
This really is rockin'. Served with Potato Leek Soup #193706 this was a perfect soup and sandwich supper. I will be making this again. Made for Cookbooks Tag. Thanks for posting MizEmeril!