1/1 Photo of Rock Cornish Game Hens With Apple Jelly Glaze
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
May be done ahead of time and reheated. Serving size for this recipe is 1/2 bird per person.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Place full thawed game hens in a shallow baking dish.
- 3Sprinkle liberally with poultry seasoning, then rub the seasoning onto the skin.
- 4Scatter onion rings and minced garlic over the birds.
- 5In a small saucepan, melt the apple jelly. Gently ladle the melted jelly over each hen.
- 6Place in the middle rack of the oven. Periodically, baste the birds with the pan juices.
- 7Roast 1 hour 15 minutes or until done. Let rest 5 minutes or so. Spit hens in half and arrange on platter or plates. Ladle some of the pan juices on the birds.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rock Cornish Game Hens With Apple Jelly Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.3
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 168.3 mg
- Sodium 95.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 22.3 g
- Protein 28.9 g