Recipe by carolinajewel
May be done ahead of time and reheated. Serving size for this recipe is 1/2 bird per person.
- 4 rock cornish game hens, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup apple jelly
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place full thawed game hens in a shallow baking dish.
- Sprinkle liberally with poultry seasoning, then rub the seasoning onto the skin.
- Scatter onion rings and minced garlic over the birds.
- In a small saucepan, melt the apple jelly. Gently ladle the melted jelly over each hen.
- Place in the middle rack of the oven. Periodically, baste the birds with the pan juices.
- Roast 1 hour 15 minutes or until done. Let rest 5 minutes or so. Spit hens in half and arrange on platter or plates. Ladle some of the pan juices on the birds.