- 3 cups pale ale
- 4 cups water
- 2 lbs flour
- 6 ounces flour
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 4 ounces granulated sugar, by weight
- 2 thick salmon steaks
- cooking oil (can use canola, or other)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oil to 350 degrees.
- Combine beer and water in mixing bowl.
- Slowly incorporate other ingredients until smooth. Be sure to keep the batter as cool as possible.
- When ready, cut salmon into individual thumb-sized pieces.
- Coat fish pieces entirely in batter and let some excess drain.
- Immerse in preheated 350 degree F oil until golden brown. Serve with caution, very hot!