My husband made this on the fly yesterday and it was superb. I told him I had to post this. The flavors come together marvelously. Don't skimp on the fresh basil!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 medium eggplant
- 6 ounces Italian turkey sausage
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 6 large baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 large onion, sliced thinly
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup v 8 vegetable juice
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces dry wt linguine
- salt and pepper
- 1Saute garlic and onions. Add sliced mushrooms,diced tomatoes, and fresh basil. Add V 8 juice, and simmer about 10 minutes.
- 2Meantime, saute sausage in pan with a little olive oil or place on pre-heated grill and cook until well-done. Cut eggplant into 1 inch slices, brush with olive oil and place on hot grill. Cook until tender.
- 3When sausage is done, remove from pan or grill and cut into pieces.
- 4Layer a 9" x 9" baking pan with first the tomato mixture, then the eggplant slices then sausage. Top with remaining tomato mixture and sprinkle with parmesan.
- 5Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Serve over linguini or other pasta.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Robb's Linguini With Grilled Eggplant, Sausage, and Basil
Serving Size: 1 (863 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 750.5
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 49.4 mg
- Sodium 981.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 126.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.7 g
- Sugars 20.0 g
- Protein 40.1 g