Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Martha Stewart Living, Feb. 2004. This note appears before the recipe "Halving the yams before roasting greatly reduces the cooking time and gives them a nice golden crust." You can easily increase this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Halve the yams and place them, cut side up, in a shallow baking dish large enough to hold them in a single layer.
- Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with thyme.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until golden brown and very tender, 35-45 minutes.