Prep 5 mins
Cook 55 mins
From Martha Stewart Living, Feb. 2004. This note appears before the recipe "Halving the yams before roasting greatly reduces the cooking time and gives them a nice golden crust." You can easily increase this recipe.
- 2 yams or 2 sweet potatoes, about 1 lb. each
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- coarse salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Halve the yams and place them, cut side up, in a shallow baking dish large enough to hold them in a single layer.
- Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with thyme.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until golden brown and very tender, 35-45 minutes.