Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A simple, zesty relish that makes a quick and delicious appetizer when served with toasted bread rounds or crackers (even tortilla chips!). It's also nice accompanying roast chicken or fish.
- 1 lb plum tomato, seeded,very coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (packed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper (scant)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine all ingredients in 1-quart casserole.
- Bake until tomatoes are soft, about 30 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Cool to room temperature before serving.
The flavor was good on this, but I didn't like the way the parmesan clumped up. We had this with Italian sausages, it was OK.
Roasting brings out the fabulous tomato flavor. I think I'd love this one even without the cheese!
Fabulous with home grown tomatoes.