1/3 Photos of Roasted Tarragon Chicken and Gravy
8 hrs 10 mins
This chicken can be made in the crock pot or in the oven. Either way it's delicious. Directions are listed for both. Serve with mashed potatoes and a bright vegetable and you have a wonderful meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Leave chicken whole.
- 2Wash chicken, drain and pat dry.
- 3Mix tarragon and garlic together.
- 4Sprinkle mixed seasonings inside cavity of chicken and over the outside.
- 5Place chicken in crock pot, breast side up.
- 6Pour broth into crock pot.
- 7Sprinkle rest of seasoning mix over the chicken.
- 8Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- 9To make gravy:.
- 10Remove chicken from crock and keep warm.
- 11Add thickening to thicken gravy to desired thickness.
- 12To bake in oven:.
- 13Put chicken in roasting pan.
- 14Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until chicken is golden and juices run clear.
- 15Use broth to make gravy.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Tarragon Chicken and Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 433.0
- Calories from Fat 282
- Total Fat 31.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 142.5 mg
- Sodium 152.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 34.8 g