This chicken can be made in the crock pot or in the oven. Either way it's delicious. Directions are listed for both. Serve with mashed potatoes and a bright vegetable and you have a wonderful meal.
- Leave chicken whole.
- Wash chicken, drain and pat dry.
- Mix tarragon and garlic together.
- Sprinkle mixed seasonings inside cavity of chicken and over the outside.
- Place chicken in crock pot, breast side up.
- Pour broth into crock pot.
- Sprinkle rest of seasoning mix over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- To make gravy:.
- Remove chicken from crock and keep warm.
- Add thickening to thicken gravy to desired thickness.
- To bake in oven:.
- Put chicken in roasting pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until chicken is golden and juices run clear.
- Use broth to make gravy.