Recipe by KGCOOK
This chicken can be made in the crock pot or in the oven. Either way it's delicious. Directions are listed for both. Serve with mashed potatoes and a bright vegetable and you have a wonderful meal.
Top Review by *Parsley*
I did the crockpot method. My chicken was very moist and tender. It was falling off the bones and had great flavor. I added cornstarch dissolved in water to the juices in the crockpot, then used my immersion blender to blend any bits left in there. Thanx for a delicous chicken and yummy gravy!!!
- 1 (4 lb) whole chickens
- 1 (14 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon leaves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Leave chicken whole.
- Wash chicken, drain and pat dry.
- Mix tarragon and garlic together.
- Sprinkle mixed seasonings inside cavity of chicken and over the outside.
- Place chicken in crock pot, breast side up.
- Pour broth into crock pot.
- Sprinkle rest of seasoning mix over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- To make gravy:.
- Remove chicken from crock and keep warm.
- Add thickening to thicken gravy to desired thickness.
- To bake in oven:.
- Put chicken in roasting pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until chicken is golden and juices run clear.
- Use broth to make gravy.