Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is an Italian way of roasting squash. Delicious with grilled lamb chops, roast chicken and pork.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs butternut squash or 1 1⁄2-2 lbs acorn squash
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 -4 tablespoons of good balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400º. Line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Cut the squash lengthwise in half.
- Seed and cut it into 4" squares with skin on. Score the flesh with crosshatch cuts about 1/2 inch deep.
- Rub all over with olive oil.
- Set the pieces skin-side-down on the cookie sheet and sprinkle with coarse salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Bake 45 minutes or until easily pierced with a knife and lightly browned.
- Serve hot or at room temperature, sprinkled with balsamic vinegar.
I cut this up into cubes (skin on) and added about 2 tsps of honey to the balsamic vinegar, then dose it good with olive oil, stir around and follow the rest of the recipe...fabulous! Thanks for the recipe!