Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Makes a big bowl of tasty creamy pasta. It reheats fine and is minimum fuss.
- 1 (700 g) butternut squash
- 2 red onions
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 175 g penne or 175 g rigatoni pasta
- 3 tablespoons creme fraiche, low fat is fine
- Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6/fan 180°C
- Peel and deseed the squash; cut it into mouthful-sized chunks and tip into a roasting tin.
- Peel the onions, leaving the root intact.
- Cut each, through the root, into eight wedges and put them in the tin.
- Add the garlic to the tin with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper, then toss everything together with your hands until all the ingredients are glistening.
- Roast for 45 minutes, until everything has browned nicely.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pan of salted water following the timings given on the packet.
- Drain the pasta, reserving about 4 tbsp of the cooking water.
- Remove the tin from the oven and add the cooking water and crème fraîche, stirring everything together lightly.
- Tip in the pasta and toss well.
- Serve with a sprinkling of freshly grated Parmesan.