Makes a big bowl of tasty creamy pasta. It reheats fine and is minimum fuss.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6/fan 180°C
- 2Peel and deseed the squash; cut it into mouthful-sized chunks and tip into a roasting tin.
- 3Peel the onions, leaving the root intact.
- 4Cut each, through the root, into eight wedges and put them in the tin.
- 5Add the garlic to the tin with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 6Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper, then toss everything together with your hands until all the ingredients are glistening.
- 7Roast for 45 minutes, until everything has browned nicely.
- 8Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pan of salted water following the timings given on the packet.
- 9Drain the pasta, reserving about 4 tbsp of the cooking water.
- 10Remove the tin from the oven and add the cooking water and crème fraîche, stirring everything together lightly.
- 11Tip in the pasta and toss well.
- 12Serve with a sprinkling of freshly grated Parmesan.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Squash & Red Onion Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (573 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 596.2
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 30.8 mg
- Sodium 30.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 122.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.5 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 11.9 g