Directions See How It's Made
- Soak beans in water 8-12 hours. Be sure to use enough water, as the beans will expand to about 3 cups.
- Rinse the beans and blot lightly with paper towel. They don't need to be dry, just not dripping wet with water.
- Sprinkle olive oil over the beans and toss lightly to coat. I do this right in the colander that I used to drain the beans.
- Sprinkle salt and cajun spice over the beans and continue to toss until coated.
- Spread the beans on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake at 350F, stirring after 15 minutes. Stir beans and return to oven, baking and stirring every 5 minutes until soybeans are golden brown and crunchy. The amount of time to attain crunchy soy nuts will depend on the moisture of the soaked beans. It usually takes mine a total of 25-45 minutes. That's a big range, I know, but every batch is different is all I can say! Watch them carefully toward the end to make sure that they don't burn. Conversely, you definitely don't want to under-roast them either, or they will have a chewy consistency. They should be nicely browned, like in my picture.
- Cool the beans and enjoy!