Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love these appetizers TOO much!! They're simple, but soooo delicious!! You can play with the recipe too, adding in other ingredients that are your own personal favorites! :)
- 1 (17 1/4 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, 2 sheets thawed
- 3⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup provolone cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 3 -4 tablespoons grated romano cheese, to taste
- 1 tablespoon snipped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- grated romano cheese
- Unfold pastry sheets onto a lightly floured surface.
- Cut each sheet into nine 3" squares, set aside.
- For filling, stir together rest of ingredients, except last 2, in a medium bowl til combined.
- Place spoonfuls of filling onto one side of each square.
- Moisten the edges of each square with a little bit of milk, fold over and press edges with fork tines to seal.
- Cut slits in top of each pastry bundle.
- Brush each with milk and sprinkle with grated romano cheese.
- Place bundles onto parchment-lined cookie sheet(s).
- Bake in 400 degree oven about 20 minutes or til golden.
- Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes before serving. Serve warm.
- Makes 18 pastries.