Recipe by ChefTop
The inspiration for this came from my hubby's urgings-he loved to eat it at this little place in Indiana and after we moved he couldn't. So I tried to duplicate it as much as I remembered :-) Very quick and tasty!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons of clubhouse rub marinade (I used the Hickory one but any flavor will work)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 slices cheese (of your choice)
- 3 large tortillas (preferably flavored ones)
For the sauce
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise or 1 tablespoon Miracle Whip
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon asian chili-garlic sauce (found in supermarkets with other Asian foods)
- 2 roasted red peppers, chopped finely
- 5 -6 fresh basil leaves, chopped finely
- fresh chives, chopped finely
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the marinade with half of the olive oil in a bowl to thin it down. Using your hands, rub it all over the chicken. Let sit for about 5 minutes. Heat a non-stick frying pan over high heat, add the rest of the olive oil and put the chicken breasts in the pan. Cover and cook on high heat for about 3 minutes, turn the heat down cook for another few minutes. Flip the chicken and cook the other side as well. Turn the heat off and let the chicken rest for 3-5 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl, taste to make sure seasonings are OK.
- Slice the chicen breasts on a bias.
- Put a tortilla on a plate, put some sauce on it and spread it around. Put as much or as little as you'd like; obviously, the more the tastier. Next, put the chicken slices in the middle of the tortilla with the cheese on top-which will melt a little with the heat from the chicken. Make a wrap and enjoy!