Recipe by Krsi Sue
I have tried many different bruschetta recipes and none of them quite tickled my tastebuds until I tried the recipe from Penny's Gourmet to Go. Be sure to refrigerate this at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to mix. You can use 3 (15 oz cans) chopped tomatoes in place of fresh tomatoes.
- 3 sweet red peppers, roasted
- 12 -18 roma tomatoes, chopped coarsely
- 9 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 9 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 9 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- French bread or French baguette
Directions See How It's Made
- Roasting the Peppers:
- Place whole peppers on a cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees 25-30 minutes or until the skin blisters.
- Place the peppers in a paper or plastic bag to cool.
- Remove the peppers from the bag when cool and remove the skin and discard. Discard seeds.
- Chop peppers coarsely.
- Making the Topping:.
- Mix peppers, tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, vinegar and basil together and refrigerate 2 hours to blend flavors.
- Once topping is cooled, slice bread to about 3/4" thick.
- Brush lightly with olive oil and toast in oven or grill.
- Top with Tomato-Pepper mix and serve.