Prep 7 mins
Cook 14 mins
This recipe came from a "Cooking Light" recipe book. It is fast, healthy and delicious! We used spinach leaves instead of arugula and left off the pine nuts when we made this recipe and it turned out great.
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1 Pillsbury refrigerated classic pizza crust
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 2 cups arugula leaves (or 2 cups loosely packed spinach leaves)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, sliced thinly
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, preshredded
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cornmeal onto a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Unroll pizza dough onto prepared baking sheet, and stretch sides gently into an 11x15 inch rectangle.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 7 minutes. Remove crust from oven.
- Layer red pepper strips and arugula (or spinach leaves) over crust.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts, red onion and crushed red pepper.
- Put in oven again and bake for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and put it back in the oven for 2 minutes more or until cheese melts.
- Cut into 8 pieces.
I used garlic Naan bread for the crust so no pre baking needed here. Although I LOVED all the toppings I thought this need a little sauce or pesto of some sort, it was a little dry. I had even brushed the Naan bread with a little olive oil before adding the toppings and it was still in need of something saucy. Still a good pizza though :)
Very good pizza - made our own pizza crust, using the basil and garlic pizza crust on this site that is my favorite. Baked the pizza for the full time indicated in the recipe and that worked well for me. The arugula does give the pizza a bitter taste, so I like to add plenty of other toppings to balance that out.
This is fabulous! I would give it 10 stars if I could. We used Whole Foods ready-made dough, 2 tablespoons cornmeal, and a thinly sliced red pepper in place of the roasted red pepper. We sprinkled some garlic salt, and pre-baked the crust for 4 minutes instead of 7.