Lovely variation to the good ole potato salad. I prefer my potato salad without mayonnaise, and this vinaigrette for this one is to die for.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb potato, like heirloom, red-skinned, your favourite
- 1/2 lb green beans, topped and tailed
- 100 -200 g spicy greens (like watercress, red mustard, baby argula, dandelion)
- 1 cup ripe cherry tomatoes, halved if they are big
- 4 large eggs
- olive oil
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Cut the potatoes into wedges and put them on to a baking sheet.
- 2Drizzle them with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3Bake about 30-40 minutes, or until they are done.
- 4Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil and add the beans with a pinch of salt.
- 5Cook uncovered until the beans are crisp-tender, about 7 minutes.
- 6Drain the beans and run under cold water - this preserves the lovely green colour.
- 7Place them on a towel to dry.
- 8Make the vinaigrette: combine all the incredients in a bowl, mix well so the oil emulsifies.
- 9I often put it in a plastic container with a lid and just shake.
- 10Combine the potatoes, beans, tomatoes and greens in a mixing bowl, add the vinaigrette and toss well.
- 11You can either poach the eggs and add them onto individual plates, or boil the eggs and cut into wedges and just add into the salad.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Potato and Green Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.9
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 82.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 9.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar