Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
This came from the fall magazine of a local grocery store. I have not tried this but it sounds delicious !
- 1 tablespoon apple jelly
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 apples, cored and cut in 1-inch thick slices
- 1 lb small red potato, halved
- 10 white pearl onions, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 2 lbs pork loin
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Stir together apple jelly, brown sugar and ginger.
- Set aside.
- Combine apples, potatoes, onions, olive oil, salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Place pork in center of roasting pan.
- Arrange apple mixture around pork in a single layer.
- Roast 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temp to 350 and roast another 20 minutes.
- Stir apple mixture.
- Spread apple jelly glaze on pork and roast another 15-20 minutes or until center of pork reaches and internal temp of 145.
A very nice meal which I completed with coleslaw. The baking times were right on and the flavors were very complimentary together. I love rosemary, and the apple jelly glaze was just enough on the pork. I used one half a bag of frozen pearl onions and a large baking potato cut in eight chunks. I wouldn't change a thing. Thanks, Carole in Orlando