Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The roasted peppers sets this chili apart. Mildly spicy, but with a full flavor - you won't miss the meat! Great for vegetarians, or during Lent. This recipe is made for a slow-cooker, as it allows the full flavor to develop.
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 ounces green chilies, diced
- 1 zucchini, quartered then sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 15 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans (aka chickpeas)
- 15 ounces pinto beans
- 15 ounces black beans
- Cut peppers in half and remove the seeds.
- Place on a baking sheet and press to lay flat, skin side up.
- Broil until blackened (about 15 minutes).
- Seal in a plastic bag for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the bag and remove the skin.
- Make slices about 1/2" x 2".
- Place all ingredients into a 3 quart slow-cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 4 (if you're in a hurry).