Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Colorful cold bell pepper salad from "Greek Meze Cooking".
- 6 bell peppers, various colors
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450°. Cook whole peppers on a sheet pan for 20 - 25 minutes until peppers are wilted and soft.
- After peppers have cooled slightly, peel away the skins and slice them in half. Scrape out seeds and remove stems. Slice into 1/2 strips.
- Arrange strips on a serving tray. Sprinkle with onion, vinegar, oil, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill before serving.
Made & reviewed for ZWT 4 - Kumquat's Kookin Kaboodles! I chose this recipe for Family Picks as we adore roasted peppers. I used apple vinegar & also added a touch of fresh oregano - this is a wonderful flavoursome salad. Thanks :)