1/2 Photos of Roasted Pepper and Asparagus Marinated in Raspberry Vinaigrette
Smurfetta Chef #427781's Note:
Serve as an appetizer to any vegetarian dish, or any sort of light fare. You could also make crustinis and arrange 3 or 4 of them around the plate for a nice look. Plan to roast & marinate your veggies the day before you want to complete the preparation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set your oven on broil. If you don't have a broil setting, then set your oven for maximum temperature. Place a large pan of water to boil.
- 2Put the peppers onto a baking sheet. Once the oven is at broil temperature put your peppers in the oven. Be sure to leave the oven door open slightly, if you are broiling, so you don't overcook!
- 3Now the water should be boiling. Put your asparagus in the water and set your timer for two minutes.
- 4Check the peppers, once they are burnt (yes, burnt) over most of the topside, then you take them out and turn them to roast on the other side. Repeat this until the whole outside of the pepper is mostly burnt. Remember it doesn't have to completely burnt, just burnt over 75% of a side. If you are baking, you'll turn them only if the topside is not browning well enough, the pan side might burn first due to the metal pan.
- 5When the asparagus is done, put them in a strainer and immediately run them under cold water to cool them and stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- 6When the peppers are done, place them in an ice bath and let cool.
- 7When the peppers are cooled, you peel off the outside, burnt layer and cut them into long strips about an inch wide, making sure to wash off any seeds.
- 8Put the asparagus and pepper strips into a bowl and pour the vinaigrette overtop. Cover and set the dish in the refrigerator to marinate at least 3 hours, 12 hours is preferable.
- 9When you are ready to serve the appetizer, take your dish out and arrange the peppers in a fan pattern. Then arrange the asparagus overtop in a similarly. Put the onions and capers in little piles towards the top of the plate.
- 10Sprinkle liberally with the cheese, as much as is preferred, and garnish with a sprig of basil or mint leaf.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Pepper and Asparagus Marinated in Raspberry Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.2
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 22.1 mg
- Sodium 806.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 15.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
raspberry vinaigrette dressing