Recipe by PanNan
This is posted for the World Tour 2005 RecipeZaar event. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks so yummy, I couldn't resist posting it for later use. The source is Lidia's Italian American Kitchen by Lidia Matticchio Bastianich.
Top Review by susie cooks
This is really good. I think it would also be good served with vanilla ice cream. While I have grilled and baked fruit before, I never thought of adding grapes. It is really good.
- 2 cups red seedless grapes
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup moscato" "or other fruity white wine
- 2 lemons, juice of, only
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1⁄2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 3 bosc pears, ripe but firm
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Place grapes in an 11 X 7 inch baking dish.
- Stir the sugar, Moscato, lemon juice, apricot jam, and vanilla bean in a bowl until blended. Pour over the grapes.
- Cut pears lengthwise through the core, and remove the stems, cores, and seeds. Place the pears, cut side up, between the grapes.
- Bake, uncovered, until the pears are tender and the liquid is thick and syrupy (50 min - 1 hour).
- Remove the pears, and let them rest until the syrup thickens - about 10 minutes.
- Serve warm with some grapes and syrup drizzled over the pears.