Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is greatly adapted from Ina Garten's recipe. Really, one of the best ways I've ever eaten this veggie. Make sure the broccoli is COMPLETELY dry before putting it in the oven or it won't roast right. The best way it to just buy it pre washed and cut in a bag. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs broccoli florets
- 6 large garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Place the broccoli florets on a sheet pan large enough to hold them in a single layer.
- Toss the garlic over the broccoli and drizzle with the olive oil. Sprinkle with generous amounts of the salt and pepper. Mix to distribute.
- Roast at 425*F for 20 to 25 minutes, until crisp-tender and somewhat browned.
- Squeeze juice from one lemon over top and toss with Parmesan. Enjoy!
If you like lemon, this one's for you! I had some nice broccoli from the farm, so I cut it into spears (instead of florets). I then made this exactly as posted. The lemon really brightens up the flavors and the freshly grated Parmesan gave it a nice, light pop of flavor. Made by a Tasty Tester for ZWT 9.
This is a great little recipe. I roast broccoli often and we enjoyed this slightly different variation. We thought the lemon was a little bit overpowering, so next time I will use a little less, but besides that it was just great. Thanks sofie. Made for team Tasty Testers for Greece in ZWT9.
My first time ever roasting Broccoli. We loved the hint of lemon with the garlic and the roasting added so much flavour to the broccoli especially with the Parmesan.<br/>We really enjoyed this here for dinner tonight as a lovely side.<br/>Thanks sofie-a-toast .<br/>Posted and made for ZWT9