The idea for the oranges was originally found on Just A Pinch, in a recipe by Kim Biegacki for Blackened Shrimp Salad with Roasted Oranges. It was a wonderful salad, but what made the dish was the roasted oranges. My... what a wonderful aroma while they are broiling! It totally made the dish. I'm posting just the roasted oranges because they are awesome and there could be so many uses for them... I think they would be fantastic over homemade vanilla bean ice-cream. Serving size is a guess - I could eat a whole orange-worth by myself!
- Line a small baking tray with foil, then spray with a bit of oil.
- Peel orange by removing the skin and the white membrane, then cut into 1/4 inch thick slices. Lay flat on the foil lined tray.
- Drizzle with a good vanilla extract, then sprinkle generously with cinnamon. Finally, drizzle honey generously over each slice.
- Place oranges in oven or toaster oven, set to "broil".
- Broil until they are nice and brown on top. In my toaster oven, this takes about 15 minutes, but probably less in a regular oven.