Roasted Orange and Bell Pepper Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Make this up to two days ahead and chill to really meld the flavors.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 large navel orange
- 1 large yellow pepper
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup grated carrot
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- quartered orange slice (optional)
- Cut orange in half crosswise; slice about 1/4 inche from bottom of each half so they will sit flat. Cut bell pepper in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes.
- Place orange halves, cut side up, and pepper halves, skin side up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten peppers with hand.
- Broil 15 minutes or until blackened.
- Place pepper halves in a ziplock bag; seal. Let stand 20 minutes; peel. Squeeze juice from orange over a bowl to equal 1/4 cup; discard oranges. Place peppers and orange juice in a food processor or blender; set aside.
- Heat margarine in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and carrot; sauté 12 minutes or until carrot is tender. Add onion mixture to food processor; process until smooth.
- Combine flour, broth, and milk in a saucepan; stir with a whisk until blended. Place over medium heat and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat; add pepper mixture, salt, pepper, and paprika; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Garnish with oranges if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION