This is a favorite of mine. Roasted rich cremini mushrooms and a creamy bourbon sauce baked with a nice savory crust. This is great with pork chops, roasts, steak roast chicken, comfort food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb cremini mushroom, whole and then quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion, cut in half and thin sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup bourbon whiskey
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1Mushrooms -- I toss the whole cremini mushrooms after cleaned and the end of the stem removed with olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper. Then bake on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil for 20 -30 minutes at 400F until soft and lightly golden brown. You don't want them over cooked and falling apart.
- 2Transfer the mushrooms to a casserole dish sprayed with Pam or lightly greased.
- 3Sauce -- In a medium size sauce pan add the oil and heat to medium. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion begin to brown, keep on medium low heat, you don't want them to burn or get crispy, just lightly saute.
- 4Sauce II -- after the onions are done, add in the flour to slightly thicken. Then add the wine and bourbon and let reduce and scrape up any drippings then add the chicken broth and bring to a medium heat to make a sauce. Let it cook 2 minutes to heat up and slightly reduce then add the heavy cream and season to taste. Cook 3-4 minutes to slightly reduce and thicken.
- 5Pour over the mushrooms in the casserole dish.
- 6Topping -- In a measuring or mixing cup melt the butter in the microwave, just 10 seconds and add the bread crumbs and mix well. Top the mushrooms.
- 7Bake 20 minutes on 400F until bubbly and the crust is golden brown.
- 8This is a lighter sauce which is great when served over sliced pork or chicken. The sauce is absolutely wonderful over butter noodles, rice, couscous, and just about anything.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Mushrooms Baked With a Bourbon Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.9
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 33.5 mg
- Sodium 551.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 5.1 g