Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I got this recipe from my mother-in-law, who got it from the book that went along with her crockpot. Tastes like you slaved in the kitchen for hours!
- 1 (2 lb) whole chickens
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 10 cloves garlic
- 1⁄4 cup white wine or 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 slice butter or 1 slice margarine, melted
- 6 small red potatoes, cubed
- fresh green beans (quantity as desired)
- salt and pepper
- Clean and dry chicken and place in the crockpot.
- Pour butter over chicken and rub with rosemary.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add to crockpot the garlic cloves, wine (or chicken broth), and potatoes.
- Add green beans.
- Place lemon wedges on top of the chicken.
- Cook on High 4 hours, or on Low for 8 hours.
This was fall of the bone chicken. Best part it was so easy to throw together when I got home from work in the morning. Excellent! Thank you for posting. Made for Cooking With Spritz 09
Tender, fall-off-the-bone chicken and great potatoes. The beans were a bit undercooked and a bit bitter. But I'll be making this again.
Delicious and easy to make. Thanks for sharing.