Recipe by longhornmel
I got this recipe from my mother-in-law, who got it from the book that went along with her crockpot. Tastes like you slaved in the kitchen for hours!
Top Review by daisygrl64
This was fall of the bone chicken. Best part it was so easy to throw together when I got home from work in the morning. Excellent! Thank you for posting. Made for Cooking With Spritz 09
- 1 (2 lb) whole chickens
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 10 cloves garlic
- 1⁄4 cup white wine or 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 slice butter or 1 slice margarine, melted
- 6 small red potatoes, cubed
- fresh green beans (quantity as desired)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean and dry chicken and place in the crockpot.
- Pour butter over chicken and rub with rosemary.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add to crockpot the garlic cloves, wine (or chicken broth), and potatoes.
- Add green beans.
- Place lemon wedges on top of the chicken.
- Cook on High 4 hours, or on Low for 8 hours.